Collecting accurate information about services and service recipients is essential for monitoring and evaluating Crisis Counseling Assistance and Training Programs (CCPs). The CCP uses standard reporting methods to make the data meaningful and more accurate across disasters and across U.S. states, territories, and federally recognized tribes. Data collection by the CCP is required by all programs, and there are required data collection forms and reports that must be submitted by each program.
This section will guide you through the process of evaluation for your CCP. It includes a guide to data collection and evaluation, which offers the fundamentals in understanding how to collect data. It also includes copies of the data forms and survey templates for data collection, which is a requirement of the CCP grant program. You will also find guidance in this section for completing your quarterly financials and budget worksheets as well as your Final Report.
Guidelines for Collecting Data and Evaluating Your Program*
- Guide for Evaluating Your CCP (Read me first) [PDF 14.625 MB]
This guide is to be used for training CCP staff about ongoing program monitoring, evaluation of program data, and the use of the data collection forms. The guide also contains copies of the CCP data collection forms.
- CCP Data Forms Training
An interactive webinar for crisis counselors on how to complete the three basic CCP data collection forms (Individual/Family Crisis Counseling Services Encounter Log, Group Encounter Log, and Weekly Tally Sheet).
- 2012 Data Collection Forms—Frequently Asked Questions [PDF 210 KB]
This document provides a list of frequently asked questions and answers for common scenarios that crisis counselors may encounter when using the CCP data collection forms in the field.
Top of page
Data Collection Forms and Survey Templates*
CCP Online Data Collection and Evaluation System
The CCP Online Data Collection and Evaluation System allows CCP encounter data to be entered and maintained and provides multiple levels of user access. Standard and custom reports can be generated in a variety of formats.
- CCP Online Data Collection and Evaluation System—Once awarded a CCP grant, individuals identified by CCP program management are assigned a username and password to access the online system at http://www.ccpdata.org.
- Online System User Manual, Version 3.0 (in development)—Please contact the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Disaster Technical Assistance Center (DTAC) at 1-800-308-3515 for guidance on using the Online Data Collection and Evaluation System.
- CCP Online Data Collection and Evaluation System Codebook [PDF 54 KB]—This codebook provides the variable names, description of the variables, and the value formats that appear in the data downloads for the Individual/Family Crisis Counseling Services Encounter Log, Group Encounter Log, and Weekly Tally Sheet data collection forms.
Quick Reference Guides to CCP Data Analysis
When using the “data download” feature in the revised Online Data Collection and Evaluation System, you may use this guidance for an easy, step-by-step guide for some common analyses.
- SPSS Data Download [PDF 2.5 MB]
- Excel Data Download [PDF 1.4 MB]
Top of page
*For CCPs awarded prior to 10/1/2013, there are different guidance and data collection forms and procedures. Please contact SAMHSA DTAC at 1-800-308-3515 or DTAC@samhsa.hhs.gov if you need assistance related to the prior forms (OMB expiration date of 01/31/2012).