- Tranquilizers were reported as the primary substance by 0.3 percent of TEDS
admissions (Table 3.2).
- Admissions for abuse of tranquilizers tended to be female (60%) and white (90%).
Fifty-nine percent were aged 30 to 44 (Table 3.1).
Figure 17. Tranquilizers
Admissions by Sex, Age, and Race/Ethnicity: 1996
- Among primary tranquilizer admissions, 60 percent reported daily use of tranquilizers
- Forty-one percent of primary tranquilizer admissions reported use of alcohol as well as
tranquilizers (Table 3.8).
- Most entered treatment through individual referral (41%) or referral from another
health care provider (20%) (Table 3.7).